Currently, I work at Netflix, as a Staff Software Engineer on the Observability team. We build applications to give other engineers insight into how their software is operating. It's a pretty chill job 🙃
I'm fascinated by emerging and obscure web technologies and my side projects often focus on building with those tools, such as my experiments with Service Workers or my demo of connecting Web Workers and rendering images with an OffscreenCanvas.
Here are some other things I've done in the past (and some of them I continue to do):
- Presented at conferences around the world on topics related to web development
- Built a free progressive web app for guided deep breathing exercises
- Maintained and contributed to a variety of Open Source projects on GitHub
- Worked at LinkedIn and Grooveshark (RIP)
- Graduated from the University of Florida (Go Gators!) with a degree in Digital Arts & Sciences
Interested in having me speak at your event? Drop me a line.
Here are some of the more recent* talks I've given:
Getting Out Of Our Users' Way: Less Jank With Web Workers
How To Teach An Old Dev New Tech
Going Beyond Progressive Web Apps
Generating Art Everywhere And Fast!
*COVID sort of put things on pause for a while. You can view all of my talks here.⟵ Almost there